Interior background

Problem with an Animal

Tay Township is full of wildlife such as reptiles, fish, birds and mammals. It is very important to observe all wildlife from a safe distance. If you encounter a problem with wildlife, contact the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry.

If you encounter a bear, call the toll-free Bear Wise reporting line at 1-866-514-2327. If a bear poses an immediate threat to personal safety by exhibiting threatening or aggressive behaviour, dial 911 or call the Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122.

Tay Township does not have a cat by-law. Cats do not require registration or a licence, however, every cat owner has a responsibility to keep their cat on their property and to vaccinate and neuter/spay their cat to prevent attracting stray cats to the area.

To report concerns of animal cruelty contact 310-SPCA (7722).

To report a dead animal on the road contact the Tay Township Public Works Department 705-534-7248 x230.

To report farm animals running loose such as horses, cattle, sheep etc. contact the Tay Township By-law Department 705-534-7248 x237.