Interior background

Marriage Licences

Marriage Licences

To ensure there is someone available to assist you, we ask that you call ahead and book an appointment for a Marriage Licence.  Please call 705-534-7248 X 229

Marriage licences are issued at the Municipal Office during office hours from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (NOTE: applications will not be processed after 4:00 p.m.)

The current fee for a marriage licence is:

Tay resident                       $150.00

Non-resident                      $200.00

Civil Wedding Ceremonies

The Municipality conducts Civil Ceremonies. Current fees (plus H.S.T.) are as follows:

Marriage Certificates

You may apply for a marriage certificate from Service Ontario six to eight weeks after your marriage ceremony.

Name Change

After your marriage you may apply to change your last name through Service Ontario.

Special Circumstances

Divorced Outside Of Canada: If you were divorced outside of Canada you must obtain authorization from the Minister of Consumer and Business Services before a marriage license can be issued to you. To obtain this authorization you will need to contact the Office of the Registrar General Marriage Office in Thunder Bay.