Marriage licences are issued at the Municipal Office during regular office hours Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (NOTE: applications will not be processed after 4:00 p.m.)
The current fee for a marriage licence is:
- Tay resident $150.00
- Non-resident $200.00
The Municipality conducts Civil Ceremonies. Current fees (plus H.S.T.) are as follows:
- During office hours - $200.00
- After office hours and/or off site - $300.00
- Civil Marriage Ceremony Requirements
You may apply for a marriage certificate from Service Ontario six to eight weeks after your marriage ceremony.
- You can order is online - Marriage Certificate Application
- After your marriage you may apply to change your last name through Service Ontario.
If you were divorced outside of Canada you must obtain authorization from the Minister of Consumer and Business Services before a marriage license can be issued to you. To obtain this authorization you will need to contact the Office of the Registrar General Marriage Office in Thunder Bay.